Friday 3 December 2010

weight for it

Bit later in the week than I would normally post about it, but last weekends weigh in revealed a further two pound loss.

If I'm totally honest I was actually slightly disappointed with this. But I don't really know why. I dunno - it's odd, but after I'd weighed myself I saw the new weight and for some reason I was convinced I'd actually put on weight.

However, when I fired up my spreadsheet I use to keep track of things, it actually turned out to be a two pound loss. But weirdly, this didn't change my outlook - part of my brain didn't seem to accept I'd lost weight and instead remained convinced I'd gained.

It's very odd.

My only guess as to why this is that I'd been thinking out the amount I hoped to loose that week and it was three pounds, rather than two. Or, to put it another way, I'd been hopping I hit a certain weight at the weekend and I think I got confused that it was my weight from the week before.

So, when I saw my new weight was 1 pound over this, I thought I'd gained weight, where in fact I'd just forgotten what my weight had been before.

I must say that the pace I've lot weight at I have become confused on more than a few occasions. Especially in terms of how much I've lost. If someone asks me, I really struggle to think about it, because I've not been tracking it in that way.

To me, I've been logging and thinking about my actual weight - especially in terms of what it is now and what it needs to be in the future. So I'd have to go and look at how much I'd actually lost.

Which I've just done and it turns out to be a total of 42 pounds, which it turns out is exactly 3 stones. I hadn't planned that as a milestone, but it just shows you how much I've lost so far.

And I've really not that far to go to meet my target- a further (checks spreadsheet) 9 pounds, which is only just over half a stone. So given my ultimate goal is to hit that weight by the new year, which is 5 weeks off, I'm well on my way there.

Indeed, I don't see why I won't make it even with the slippage I'm allowing myself over the Christmas period. Which should all be good things to think about, but as I say, I still cant' shake this nagging disappointment over last week's result.

And does definitely worry me for this next weekend's weigh in is the terrible weather. It's been a real struggle not to eat more and to eat more warming winter foods, and when you add in the fact I've really struggle to do the walking I should be doing because of the bitter cold I'm not expecting this weekend to go well.

No comments: