Thursday 14 April 2011

not just bad

But really fucking awful.

This week's weigh in was an absolute disaster, as I'd gained 4 pounds.

To be fair, this wasn't an unexpected gain, given that the week turned into a bit of a nightmare, diet wise. This doesn't make it excusable, just understandable.

I mentioned last week that I'd been feeling tired on Sunday, so hadn't gone for a walk in the afternoon (which was likely the start of the problems that caused the gain) and that this fatigue had continued on Monday. Well it actually continued on Tuesday as well, despite getting a good night's sleep and Wednesday too.

This worried me a bit and I don't know why, but I thought that perhaps I should each some more as, if more sleep wasn't solving it, perhaps more calories would. I also was slightly worried I might be suffering from a bit of anaemia. Generally speaking my diet almost makes me vegetarian and I've been worried that the lack of red meat was possibly leading to a bit of iron deficiency.

Therefore, on Wednesday I bought some high calorie treats as well as some red meat to have at the weekend. As such, I was thoroughly prepared for a weigh in that was unchanged or maybe up one pound.

The increase in calories did seem to work, by the way, Thursday I felt much better and while I can't be sure the lack of red meat had any impact, I certainly feel good today.

But then the other problem happened. Basically, on Thursday, a work colleague came in and announced that on the previous Friday, which she'd had off, she'd actually gotten married. We're talking eloping / getting married in Las Vegas type level of suddenness and surprise - they'd told nobody except parents and the people that acted as witnesses.

But she'd also bought a cake in, which I obviously had to have some of so as not to be rude. So that was a problem.

There was also talk of going to the pub for lunch to celebrate, which was fair enough, but I'd understood she wasn't going to be in on Friday, so it would be on Monday or Tuesday. But she was in on Friday, so we went.

The pub didn't have a hue menu choice, so I ended up having steak and kidney pudding, which is hardly low calorie.

But of course I'd also brought my packed lunch in, so I had to have that for dinner or it would have gone off (it spent all day in the car on one of the hottest days of the year yet, so wasn't in the best of shape when I looked at that evening). And that of course meant I couldn't compensate by not having anything in the evening.

So yeah, bit of a disaster, all told.

No comments: