Friday 15 April 2011

weekend plans

This weekend I'm doing something a little different, as I'm going to see a friend who lives all the way over in Cambridge as it's her birthday.

I've not seen her in what must be years, so it will be good to see her again. I'm planning to make some fairy cakes to take along just as a sort of little gift and to add a few more calories into the mix! Part of the reason I described last week's weight gain as a disaster is that I'd been planning this Saturday as a "day off" from the diet, so I'm expecting the goodies this weekend will have a similar sort of impact.

It's also the Chinese grand prix this weekend, so I'm going to be thoroughly busy watching that as well.

I seem to recall China is an okay race. Apparently it has the longest straight on the Formula one calendar, so we'll have to see how the DRS fairs.

I'm also rather glad I couldn't be bothered to swap my summer and winter clothes over last weekend, as it's gone decidedly chilly as this weeks gone on. Hopefully it'll perk back up again, though - I'm definitely going to make the switch come Easter, so if it's a cold summer I'll be annoyed.

Saying that, though, last weekend it really was a bit warm for the clothes I had available - a pair of shorts would definitely not have gone amiss.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm a little behind on my internet readings, but I wanted to say thank you for lifting the diet and sorry for giving you good cause! :D