Thursday 4 August 2011

weighty issues

So it's been a while since I did an update about my weight and related issues.

Last I mentioned I'd been on holiday for the Grand Prix and subsequently put on a little bit of weight, although I was pleased it wasn't a huge amount.

Last week there was no change in my weight - it stayed at exactly 19 stone 6 pounds, and I do mean exactly - both weeks the scales said 6.0 pounds exactly.

I kinda understand why it stayed exactly the same, though I won't say I wasn't a little disappointed. Basically, I didn't do very much walking (the weekend in particular I seem to recall being a bust due to the weather and other issues) and I wasn't very sensible on the diet front.

This last week was much better, as I lost 3 pounds, which I'm rather pleased about.

I wouldn't say I was back into the groove properly with the dieting and exercise, but I am getting back there.

I did my short walk I do before work and I went for reasonable walks at the weekend. Ideally I need to walk during lunch as well, but unfortunately since Homebase closed down I feel a bit odd parking in their car park, which is what I used to do when I went for a walk around the industrial estate. To be fair, this was also been hampered by the need to go to the post office for e-bay stuff most lunch times over the last couple of weeks, so it's not entirely down to that.

I also was closer to my diet.

Well, I say that, actually I slipped quite a few times, but still lost weight. They weren't big slips and there weren't as many, so I guess that explains it.

On my side (?) I did have some really bad nights sleep and I do seem to burn calories when that happens. Not that I'd use it as a proper dieting technique, obviously, but it does seem to have an effect whenever t happens.

In terms of targets and stuff, I've set a new one after the middle of this diet phase turned out to have a net no change, which is to get down to around 18 stone. I'm not entirely expecting to make it, as the change-over point to my next diet period is around the August Bank Holiday, so there's not long to go, but hopefully I'll at least be able to get a good way below 19 stone.

Wow - below 19 stone! I'm not that far off being "fat" rather than "obese"!

I've been umming and erring over what to set as my next target for my next weight loss phase. This one runs up to Chrimbo and has a late autumn holiday, which I'm planning to do a similar thing to what I did last year, although I'm going to have to be really careful about the whole splurging on junk food thing.

It would be nice to set a target that's fairly easy to achieve and then break it next time, rather than my usual thing of too ambitious a target that I then don't get anywhere near too.

No comments: