Tuesday 6 September 2011

new regimen

My new regimen seems to be working okay.  Well, ish.

An unfortunate downside seems to be that the Sunday after the cleaning weekend I end up shattered.  It’s difficult to say for sure that it’s entirely down to the new regimen, but it seems very likely.

The problem with being sure is I’ve not been doing it very long and of course this last weekend I was coming off the back of a very tiring week (hard work and lack of sleep).  But certainly as Sunday dawned it was real struggle to get out of bed and the morning was pretty rubbish.  I perked up a bit in the afternoon following a particularly strong coffee, but it didn’t seem to last very long.

Certainly I didn't do any scanning, though I sat down and thought about starting, but in the end I slobbed out in front of a film.

Hopefully that's compensate for a bit by the fact that the other weekend is basically free of stuff to do apart from watch the grand prix.

Total Wipeout is back.  Well, ish.  It seems to have started with two celebrity specials, which the telly listing clearly indicated were episodes 11 & 12 of 12, so they were meant to come last.  I thought maybe I’d missed  the series, but a quick it of googling suggested that no, they’d simply shown the la two episode first.

The seem to have added some good new stuff for the earlier rounds, but the final section - the wipeout zone - is still far too easy.  Indeed, they may have made the one bit of it that was tricky (a long roe swing) easier, y replacing it with some not very fast moving turntables.

The gadget show is also back. Well, ish.  It’s now on Friday evenings instead of Monday.  I can't say that so far I’m impressed with the new slot.  I can't really fit watching it live into my schedule, which means it’s become just another program I watch at the weekend.

Leaving it until Monday might be an idea, but I dunno, if there's a problem with the recording (it’s on 5) the repeat is at the weekend, so I’d have missed it.  I guess I could record both, just in case.  Roll on proper digital switchover next year (only two years after when it was meant to happen!).

They’ve tweaked the competition, which now involves a celeb naming stuff, which works okay, but takes up quite a lot of time.  Otherwise it’s the same basic stuff, so I’m pleased it’s back.

Bit of a random one today.  Well, ish.

Hopefully the return of regular schedule fixtures like these with the drawing in nights and my new regimen will help to get me back to my dieting ways and also kick me back into doing things like scanning during the week.  I figured out that a big part of my problem recently has been that I've been pissing about in the evenings with complicated (and regrettably high calorie) foodstuff so I’ve lost all the time I seemed to gain last year.

No comments: