Thursday 27 October 2011

last day

So today is my last day in the office for a while.

I'm off on holiday, but it's nothing spectacular - I'm going down to Devon.  Initially I'll be seeing my dad over the weekend and then I'm booked in to a travel lodge until the end of the week.

IT was my dad's birthday at the beginning of the month, which is why I want to see him, but I've also not seen him since the British Grand Prix back in July, so that will be nice.  It's also a Grand Prix weekend, with the Indian Grand Prix on.

India is new this year, so it will be interesting to see what the circuit is like and how the racing is.  Both of the championships are well over after Red Bull wrapped up the constructors championship at Korea.  Now it's all just about who can win the races.  Some people tend to think as soon as the season's over that's it, but of course in reality, the drivers and teams want to win every race they go to - otherwise why turn up?

Plus, since there are very few rule changes next season, it follows the cars won't be hugely different and it will be important to keep momentum up for the beginning o f the next season.

Anyway, after that I'll stay in a travelodge for a few days.  The idea there is I'm going to do lots of walking.  This is the same pattern I've done a few times now and it works quite well, so long as I can resist the temptation of eating lots of junk food.  I mean, I'll have a couple of treats, but if I can avoid eating junk continuously I should be able to concentrate on loosing a few pounds.

I will also use the opportunity to watch a load of DVDs and read a bunch of manga.  I'm hoping that I'll be able to watch a few films mainly so that I can then e-bay them when I get back.  t would be nice to eat a chunk of unwatched stuff away.

Also, while I'm away my landlord is apparently going to install a new radiator in the flat.  The idea is they're going to run the pipes across from his place and put the radiator in the living room/bed area.

The hope is this will cut a big chunk out of my heating costs (now that it's turned chilly I'm starting to put the radiator on), although I'm not getting it for free - it's costing me £5 extra month in rent, and while that may seem a bargain, it's not quite as good as that, because of course during spring, summer and early autumn I don't use heating at all and of course the rise is across the full year, not just the winter months.

Still, it should represent better value at least.

I think he's also a bit concerned about the possibility of pipes bursting.  By putting a bit of heating it should stave off the cold a bit, so it's a preventative thing - clearing up after flooding would not be cheap.

No comments: