Friday 7 October 2011

suzuka here we come

So this weekend it's the Japanese Grand Prix from the famous Suzuka track.

Suzuka is one of the classic tracks, like Spa and Silverstone, and it usually produces some good races.  There are a couple of spots that have always been good for overtaking and hopefully the new rules will mean it's another cracker.  I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Unlike Singapore, the Japanese race is held at normal local time, which means it will be on very early in the morning here in the UK.  I'm currently unsure if I will get up to watch it live, but I've set it to be recorded to give me the option.

The race will also put my whole new scheduling system to test, because the weekend after is the Korean Grand Prix.  The real issue is that my schedule depends on me doing my washing on Saturday morning and then cleaning my bedsit and doing all sorts of other stuff on non-GP weekends.

However, I only have enough clothes and stuff to last me two weeks without washing.  What I may do is do a smaller wash on the weekend that is the Korean GP, just to tide me over until the following weekend when I'll then do the usual cleaning schedule.

An advantage I'll have is that the Korean GP will also be shown very early, so again, it would be one I'd record anyway.  I can't honestly remember whether the Korean GP is any good (in fact, I can't actually remember it at all - it is new?  I know India's new this year, but I thought it was only new one, so maybe Korean was new last year?), so I don't think I'll be too worried about watching it live.

Watching the GP live is often quite important, because it's a classic one for sports announcers to spoiler.  They always warn you if you don't want to hear football results, but they never do with F1 and the opening line describing it will be "Sebastian Vettel has one the Singapore Grand Prix..." which gives you no chance to avoid it.

Anyway, it will be a particularly important test, because next year there seem to be quite a few back-to-back races, so it'll be good to see if what I'll need to do.

No comments: