Tuesday 10 April 2012

easter

Last Thursday I started on the following blog entry:

Happy bloke-nailed-to-a-cross day…?

No blog yesterday.  Usually I would have uploaded a review, but unfortunately I didn’t have one prepped.  While I’ve been on contract I’ve obviously still been getting my rental disks and watching them, but because I knew I wasn’t going to be doing much blogging I didn’t write any reviews.  That means I’m going to have to wrack my brains to remember what they were like.  I’ll sort something out, though.

It’s Easter weekend after today.  I can’t work out whether Easter is late or Early this year, which tends to suggest it’s neither.  It does, however, feel like it’s in a weird time.

I suspect that’s actually something to do with the weather more than the timing, as such.

It’s been bonkers the weather just recently.  We seem to have gone from a spectacularly hot end of March to a freezing April in no time flat.  I mean, Scotland had a record hot March day and then a week later they’re buried under 5 inches of snow.  Weird.

Whether this means we’ll have the same pattern of weather as in the last two years I’m not sure.  A part of me would quite like to have something of a warm summer, rather than the last couple of years where it’s been a bit nothing in particular.

Most of all I hope we get a mild winter next year.

---

Unfortunately I got rather distracted with work and wasn’t able to actually find the time to post it.

The Easter weekend was both glorious and rubbish.  And all for the exact same reason – I did almost nothing of any value.

The only thing I did do was that I gave the bedsit a spring clean.  This took all day Friday and a good couple of hours on Sunday and Monday too, and even then I didn’t really do everything I’d put on my list.

The problem was that there was too much on my list for 1 day, but really I didn’t want to spend more than a day doing it.

Anyway, apart from that I basically did nothing.  I mean, I could have done stuff – there’s certainly plenty to do, but all I did was watch lots of TV that I’d recorded and play Civ3.

This was good in that it was quite relaxing.  I’ve found the return to RED somewhat stressful, not least of all because I've been looking in to getting a new job.

But it was bad because there was loads of stuff I could have done, but instead did nothing.

I think part of the problem is that I know I've got a week's holiday coming up and it's a week where I'm not going away properly so I'm already in the mind-set of "I'll do it in my holiday".  I always do this and it's not always helpful, because I end up with so much to do in my holiday that it's impossible to fit it all in.

No comments: