Thursday 28 June 2012

another one tomorrow

Another interview tomorrow morning.

It should be quite an interesting one.  It's not really in the same sort of area as the other interviews I've been doing, but that's not a huge issue.  While I've generally been looking at technical and product based and away from my current sector, I have applied for a few other things that aren't those.

It's in Oxfordshire, and it's where I went over the weekend.  It was actually surprisingly quick to get too, though I'm expecting traffic to make it trickier.  I'm going to allow plenty of time, but that does mean I will be setting off at what most people would regard as ridiculously early.

I don't regard it as ridiculously early, just early, since I'm a bit of an early bird and am usually up and about pretty early.

The weekend ahead is where I need to learn about these products for the other interview.

I have to confess I've been having a nagging feeling that it might be a bit narrow for me.  They really only have a very small product portfolio and while that's appropriate to what they do, it suggests a very limited variety of work at the least.

I also have to confess that the time it always takes me to get to and from Cambridge is a bit of a worry.  One of the things I've had in the back of my mind is that I don't really want to go somewhere that makes the journey to my Dad's worse.

I know that might seem a silly thing to reject a job over, but I like to visit my Dad a couple of times a year and it already takes me the best part of 3 or 4 hours journey time.  If I lived in Cambridge that journey would shoot up to 5 hours at the very minimum and with delays (e.g. in summer) I could be looking at 7 hour journey times.

Anyway, as per usual, though I will be back in the office in the afternoon, I doubt very much I'll be blogging.

No comments: