Friday 22 June 2012

wakey, wakey

I was up at a stupid time again this morning.

3AM this time.

I've discussed it before, but this time of year is terrible for me because it doesn't get dark until really late and I find brightness the most difficult thing to overcome when trying to get to sleep.  But then, as a double whammy, it gets light super early as well, so a bit of my body clock kicks in when it sees the brightness and goes "it's morning, wake up."

The real problem when waking up at 3AM is that for the first few hours while I lay there I feel totally wide awake and alert.  This makes it impossible to get back to sleep.  I therefore try doing something else, like watch recorded TV or read.

However, after a few hours this initial wide awake feeling wears off, but by then it's generally too late to try to get back to sleep.  I therefore end up getting up and going to work.

I got to work at 7AM this morning.  But what makes this horrible is that we don't work flexi, so I can't then go home at 4PM or anything - No, I'm here for the best part of 12 hours.

The other problem I have this summer is I'm trying to find a new job so that's throwing into the mix two things - nervousness and excitement.  Naturally I'm nervous when doing interviews and nervous about my current employer finding out I'm looking for a job.  But I'm also finding it all quite exciting - new possibilities are opening up for me and I'm actually quite enjoying it (as well as also, obviously being nervous about that too - what if I make the wrong decision?).

On that front I've gotten another interview arranged for next Friday.  This one actually seems like a bit of an off the wall choice, but it seems all the more interesting for it.

It's the Valencia Grand Pr... *snore* - Oh, sorry, drifted off then.  Could be the lack of sleep, but I'm guessing it's more likely to be an attempt at a humorous reference to how terribly boring the Valencia Grand Prix usually is.

You never know, the tyres may liven it up, or we may get yet another winner.  Who knows, maybe there's been some secret cabalistic agreement that all the drivers get to win this year?  If so they've made a bit of an error of judgment as there are only 24 drivers and only 20 races!

No comments: