Monday 13 August 2012

scrappy

It was a bit of a scrappy weekend.

My landlord has gone on yet another of his holidays.  Actually, holiday is probably not the right word - can you take a holiday if you're retired?  "Break" is probably more apt.

During the winter they often jet off to some exotic part of the world, but in summer they tend to go caravanning.  I'm not sure where they're off to this time, but I've a feeling it won't be for as long as they've planned.

This week it's meant to rain and drizzle a bit and they're not very tolerant of bad weather (I know - why do they go caravanning then?) so I'm guessing they'll probably be back by mid-week.

Now I'd actually thought they were going on Monday but they went on Sunday, so I decided I would make use of their going this weekend and the nice weather we were having and clean the car.

As I say there's a fair chance it will be poor weather, so while it was nice I thought it best to give it a clean.  Unfortunately I had a bit of a problem with one of the things I did and actually made it dirtier than it was already, so I'll have to buy a better cleaner and try and do it this next weekend (as I say, assuming it doesn't rain) - or maybe we'll get a reasonable evening at some point.

I was also rather fatigued on Sunday as Saturday had taken quite a lot out of me.  The thing is, though, I'm not 100% why.  I've a feeling it was actually more a case of work draining me during the week and then Saturday just sapping the last of my energy.  With it being hot and quite muggy I found my afternoon walk particularly hard work, for example.

But also everything I did seemed to take longer and/or be more difficult than I'd anticipated.  So, for example, I did a huge pile of ironing, but it took a lot longer than I was expecting.

So yeah, bit of a scrappy weekend.

This week I am taking Friday off.  I'd originally planned to take both Friday and Monday, but with the days I took looking for a new job I have ended up with all Friday and half of Monday off.  Either way it means fewer posts for the next few weeks (the week after is also the bank holiday).  I'll probably us the opportunity to post a bunch of film reviews and get myself somewhat caught up there too.

No comments: