Friday 3 August 2012

thank crunchy it's friday

So I've really felt the impact of the Olympics this last week.

Every week I set up all the programs I want to watch on my PVR and this week it was really quite apparent that actually all the stuff I'm setting up is on the radio.  There's maybe been only 2 programs I've recorded this week.  Well, I say that, there's Mythbusters on Quest every day, but it's basically all been radio stuff.

This is the first weekend of the four week hiatus for the Grand Prix and after the double header it's now a chance for me to clean the flat.  I usually give it a clean every two weeks and at the end of that it's usually clear it really needs it.

When I have to leave it three weeks for the doubleheaders the place is proper filthy.  I've tried cleaning anyway when there's a Grand Prix, but it really doesn't work - all the stuff I have to do on top of spending some 10 hours on all the Grand Prix stuff just makes it impractical and a little tiring.

It also kills off any possibility of me doing anything else and means I tend to end up with a full list of other stuff to watch on my PVR.  It's better to just leave the cleaning for a week.

Also, the flip-side is that the nature of the double headers usually means that I end up double-cleaning and it's nice to clean when it doesn't really need it.

I'm hoping for some good weather, but it appears to be more of the same rainy, cloudy and not warm but not cold stuff for the weekend.  While I had the cold I wasn't really up for doing much walking and I'm afraid I did a fair bit of comfort eating.

My diet has pretty much ground to a halt.

I've not really put anything on, but I've not really lost much either - I'm sort of bimbling along around a constant just under 20 stones weight.  It's a lot better than I used to be, but still means I'm obese and my target was to get under the line for simply being fat.

I'd need to lose about 4 stones to get down there, which is less than I've already lost.  Trouble is I've sort of slipped back into eating too many bad things.  To lose weight I need to go back to the more strict diet I had before.

In theory I could up my exercise too, but there's not a lot more I could do in the time available I have.  Certainly the exercise I do is balancing out the extra eating, so cut out that extra and I will start dropping again.

Part of the problem, to be honest, is that I really need some new clothes.  The clothes I have are all at the stage of hanging off me.  Obviously if I get some more clothes now and lose weight, then those clothes will need replacing, but of course if I stick with my current clothes then it's just going to be even worse.

Thankfully the new pay for my job should relieve my financial situation somewhat and I should be able to afford to buy some new stuff.

No comments: