Friday 1 February 2013

6 months

Well, today marks the 6-month point since my deciding to stay on here.

And it also marks the point where I have decided to re-start my job search.

Unfortunately, yesterday I had a meeting that basically confirmed nothing has really changed.  Not fundamentally, and not where it really counts.  New month, same shit.

I also did some investigations about that whole thing I was going on about "cakes now and later" and it appears that I was somewhat mislead.  The basic issue is that it is essentially impossible for me to get as much as I was lead to believe.  What I could possibly get is basically limited by the system and is way, way below what I regard as being enough to justify my staying on.

I mean it's also been six months and nothing's happened about any sort of cake at all, so it's not like there's been any chance for the supposed growth to happen.  And on top of that, deep down I know that the same old shit over pay reviews will continue so whether that cake happens or not I'll continue to get screwed over in one form or another anyway.

I've also been looking on the job sites and it's not like my new salary is actually at a good level - it's bottom end of this type of job.

And as I say, nothing has really changed - promises have been broken, lunacy prevails over common sense, new procedures are ignored.  There's no strategy, and what they think is strategy actually just makes all the problems worse.  A crucial piece of software we were supposed to get 6 months ago hasn't happened and the problem they think it will really solve I know for a fact it won't (it can't - it doesn't work that way).  The 1 day of training on it they thought they'd bought actually turned out to be a day's development work and so we'll get no training on it anyway.  Heck, there doesn't even seem to be the competence to set up a direct debit for my pension.

I have even come to the conclusion that the one person in the office I thought was competent actually isn't.

No, that's not fair.  Competence isn't the only thing - they're also incredibly lazy as well.

I also haven't had my promising training.  Partly that is my fault, but also it's been put off several times by the boss.

Unfortunately, I'm in a bit of a situation this month where if I was to start taking random leave and/or sick days it would just screw me over, so instead I'm going to tweak my CV and then re-start the search in anger next month.

No comments: