Friday 5 April 2013

wait, did i miss something?

Did I miss summer this year?

We seem to have skipped straight from winter into autumn... again.  I'm really getting bored of this, tbh.

I've never been a fan of hot summers as, being a fat person, I get overheated very quickly and tend to just sweat constantly.  However, spring and autumn are usually good - temperatures sufficient that you might only need a jumper or a light coat when you're out, but occasionally nice enough for a t-shirt.

I mean, I like winter as a season, overall, but you have to have the other seasons in order to appreciate it.  It's the contrast thing, otherwise, when it's cold all the time it just becomes grinding and miserable.

Not to mention the heating bills - about this time of year I should only be putting my heating on when you get the odd chilly evening or morning, but I'm actually having it a lot and it's costing me a fortune.

What's particularly dispiriting is that, bar a few meagre blips, there doesn't appear to be much prospect of the thermometer rising in the next few weeks and possibly even beyond that into next month.

No comments: