Tuesday 2 April 2013

tired

I always really struggle when the clocks change.

I have quite fixed routines and am very much a creature of habit.  I mean, I can do things as I need to - get up really early on stay up really late, it's just that I can't do these regularly and consistently without paying the consequences.  Heck, nowadays I pay some sort of consequence even if I just do these things once or twice.

Anyway, the point is that the change of going an hour forwards is pretty disruptive for me and I'll likely be really tired all week.

Easter was okay.

I'd obviously put together a to do list, though remarkably for me it was relatively light.  I'd therefore basically achieved everything on the list by Sunday morning, and that was without trying.

Actually, it turned out I'd made a bit of a cock-up and should actually have cleaned the flat over Easter (Grand Prix season is now in full swing and has gone for lots of double-headers again, so it buggers about with my usual pattern of cleaning very fortnight).  However, this cock up was actually that I shouldn't have cleaned wen the Malaysian Grand Prix was on and did, so it didn't matter.

Anyway, point was that Monday I did nothing except watch TV and a few Blu Rays.  I needed to catch up a bit with TV as my PVR was filling up quite badly so this isn't as decadent as it sounds.  It's now at about 50% full, down from about 80% full (I deleted a few bits as well since it turned out they were a bit rubbish).

One of the things I got quite far with was the George Orwell season that Radio 4 did a little while ago.  I'd recorded all of it and listened to about half of the programs (not half of the stuff - I mostly focused on the stuff they put out in small chunks).  It was quite interesting, though clearly of its era, so it had historical interest as well as political interest.

No comments: