Friday 24 May 2013

monaco

Monaco Grand Prix this weekend.

The BBC is only showing highlights on the TV, but I'll probably listen on the radio.  I'm sure I'll do other stuff while I listen, as Monaco is not traditionally the most exciting to watch on TV.

It was the race I went to a few years ago with my family and I really enjoyed it while I was there, but it can produce some dull races on TV.  The problem is that it's incredibly difficult to overtake and of course fi you can't overtake then it's just everyone following each other around or you have to rely on clever tyre and pit stop strategies, which are okay but not very exciting to watch.

This year the tyres seemed to be very short lived so that could mean it will be more interesting or it could make it pretty chaotic.

It's also the bank holiday weekend.  As I posted the other day I'm pretty much skint until I get paid, which won't be until next week proper, so I'll not be doing much.  Indeed I have lots of anime on Blu Ray I need to watch, because it's all on e-bay about to be bought by people, so that's my weekend sorted.

In other news I've not heard anything from Customs about the parcel charges.  I've a horrible feeling I will have to pay the full fines once I've gotten paid and then have to try again to claim it back.  That won't help my finances any!  But then it'll be even more expensive if it gets sent back to Japan and I have to pay for it to be imported again.

No comments: