Tuesday 21 May 2013

skint

I am skint.

And I mean skint.  I can't currently afford to buy petrol for my car, which will need filling up on Friday.  I have exactly £11 worth of electricity on the meter and this won't last long enough if I have to turn the heating on, which seems likely given the way the weather is just now.  I'm even wondering what I will have to buy grocery-wise (food and toiletries, etc) and what I can put off until I get my next pay cheque.

That next pay cheque will turn up next week, but it will be kinda critical when it turns up.  I have a Direct Debit coming out on Wednesday for £110.  I don't currently have £110.  I should be getting about £100 for stuff I currently have on e-bay, but as with my pay cheque, there's no guarantee people will pay straight away.

If not I will have to use my other overdraft (my HSBC one is already maxed out).  I certainly don't have anything in my savings account I could transfer over.

I've even been toying with the idea of taking out one of these short-term cash loans.  I kinda know that would be lethal, though.

I have been taking steps to correct the holes in my finance, but the problem again has been the whole stag-do, wedding and Dad's PC combo, which has proven to be quite the

Indeed, I was making quite good progress and was getting to the stage where I wasn't having to use as much of my overdraft and the credit cards were starting to come down.  However, these recent events have wiped out that "breathing room" I had built up.

What I need to do is get more stuff on e-bay, but I've kinda reached a point where I have to watch/play/read the things I have in order to sell them.  In particular the stuff I could rip and flog has pretty much run out.

Well, that's not quite true - I've a lot of stuff I could sell, but I've a feeling most of it will fall into the "more expensive to sell than I will get back" category.  The few things I think might be worth a significant amount are kinda crossing a line - like selling your car to buy petrol :/.

Of course what I really need is a job that pays me a wage that's appropriate for my skill and value.  But then that's a whole other story.

No comments: