Monday 27 January 2014

take that fatso

So last week I weirdly gained 1 pound.

This week I pleasingly lost 4 pounds.  This means I now weigh 20 stone 9 pounds.  That means my BMI is still in the "morbidly obese" range, but only by about 2 or 3 pounds.

I've reached a good way below that before, as I've said.  I got down to about 19 stone 6 pounds at best, so I've still got 1 stone 3 pounds to get back down to that level.  In other words of the 1 stone 8 pounds, which is 22 pounds, I needed to loose to get down there I've lost about 7 pounds.

My ultimate goal is a fairly significant range.  My target is 18 stones, which will put me half-way up the "obese" range (BMI 35).  I will be very pleased if I get down there.  My kick-starter-style stretch target is 15 stone 5 pounds, which puts me just on the cusp of being "overweight" and obese (BMI 30).

I'm fully aware BMI is not seen as being the best of measures.  The whole waist-size ratio thing is supposed to be a much better simple measure, for example (the really good ones are not ones you can measure at home).  However, there's also a problem there that I am one of these people you see on the extreme weight loss programs where they end up with loads of extra skin.

As such, waist is going to become quite the deceptive measure for me.  Now of course it also impacts weight as you're carrying around all this extra skin, but that's kinda a bonus thing in a way - I'll know that I weigh less than what I apparently do, if you see what I mean.

Plus I'm a long way off from either measure really mattering in terms of fine details.

So yeah, I'm doing okay.  Still no real explanation for the "up" last week, but if going 4 steps down, 1 step back, 4 steps down isn't too bad.

I have, however, had to work quite hard at it this week.  I've been going for particularly long walks first thing in the morning and there were a couple of days where I ate quite minimally.  In particular when I was at the height of worry over this job thing I found my stomach a bit too "churny" to eat.

No comments: