Thursday 5 June 2008

tonnes of crap

Thought I'd do this as a separate post - the new megami showed up the day before yesterday with lots of lovely posters again.

But I'm again struck by how not having watched any of this seasons shows impacts on how you view the posters. Not knowing the characters means the posters are more all the same, which is to say I don't have any particular favourites.

In previous years I've had chara's I liked and so was more into their particular posters. This season I mostly don't know them from Adam so they're all just pretty girls.

I am sooooo behind with everything at the moment.

As I say, I've not seen any shows from this season yet at all - actually that's not true, I've watched chii's sweet home, but those are 5 minute shorts and so don't really count. The only saving grace is I've been keeping on top of the torrents, so at least I've got them 'ready to go'.

I've got something like 15 artbooks stacked up waiting to be scanned.

I've also got all of last months magazines to scan, and this month's magazines are starting to show up. Plus I've not been through and sorted the scans from the month before, so they're clogging up my hard-drive (I transfer them to a separate portable hard-drive brick once I've been through and named them all).

I've not finished the reviews I mentioned on a previous blog and so I've got all that entails for updating my site pending.

I've planned out the newest version of scan-city.org, but haven't actually started working on it.

Plus, I've set myself the mission of ploughing through the huge stacks of unwatched anime and unread manga. Partly so I can sell off some stuff on e-bay and release some capital admittedly, but that doesn't mean it's any less stuff to watch.

Plus I have lots of normal film and TV series DVDs and regular books to read. Also, I've an entire series of 13 one hour long episodes of a show I PVR'd recently to watch.

I need to go though my CD collection and get rid of the rubbish on e-bay. Similarly, my boxes of crap need sorting again as they're starting to fill up my room.

Then there's all my half-finished or just started walling projects, the unplayed games and not to mention I've got the urge to write again... The list just goes on and on :(.

I really need to pull my finger out.

But how did it get this way? Well couple of things:

Recently there was a lot of stuff on normal telly that I was watching, which sucked up more time than normal. This should ease off a lot over the summer, as things like Big Brother and Euro2008 have absolutely no interest for me and will take up a lot of air time. Plus, the shows I'm currently watching are coming to an end, and generally over the summer good stuff is much lessened.

But the real problem just recently has been Civ3 - I've just been playing it incessantly and it's killing any free time I have to do stuff I should be doing. I should either ration it, or try to convince myself that if I do other stuff now then I can always come back to Civ3 later... yeah, that'll happen.

No comments: