Friday 28 November 2008

cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning

It's gonna be a busy weekend - I've got loads of stuff lined up to do. Not much of it is gonna be hugely fun, as such, but it all needs doing.

A lot of it revolves around cleaning. It's a cleaning weekend, so I need to do the normal hoovering and mopping and stuff, but I also want to tackle all the little odds and sods bits of cleaning. I want to do them now, just as we crest into December so that they're done and I don't fill up my holiday with them.

One of the most random is that I need to clean my computers. They get pretty dusty partly due to where I live is quite dusty, but also because I'm fairly lazy and don't hoover as much as I should. It's a job I secretly enjoy on some level, but it's also a little tedious. I can be a bit odd like that.

There's all sorts of other stuff as well - like wiping down my small bathroom cabinet, cleaning the insides of my windows and the glass panels of my door and dusting in the roof corners and under the curtain hems to get rid of cobwebs. They all need doing, but only occasionally so I thought I'd stack them up together.

I've been scanning the Code Geass Rebels artbook during the last week, in the evenings. The artbooks I've got left are all loads of pages jobs - I've kinda been putting off the bigger books, as you do.

There are actually two new Geass artbooks coming out in December, so I should really pre-order those, but I've been trying to hold back on buying artbooks until I start selling more stuff on e-bay again. But then, as previously noted, I need to watch some stuff in order to sell it.

Anyway, I've been watching some of the new season shows while I scanned:

  • Chaos;HEAd was okay, I guess. To be quite honest, I found it really rather confusing. I also have to say I found the protagonist to be incredibly annoying. In fact, all of the characters were really annoying. I dunno - it just sort of rubbed me up the wrong way, I guess. The most annoying thing, though, was that it seemed like it had potential, I just got really bloody annoyed at the characters and the way the story was being told :/.
  • Yozakura Quartet seemed quite good. The set-up is a bit odd, but the characters look quite interesting with a degree of complexity. Also, I love the character designs. They really appealed to me, especially a couple of the girls - they were strangely hot.
  • Akane-Ira Ni Somaru Saka is okay, I guess. I dunno, maybe I just wasn't in the mood for this show. It's basically a fanservice, rom-com job and as these go it's got some things going for it - the male lead isn't a douchebag, there are some genuinely funny bits, and there appears to be a bonkers element, for example, but I dunno, it just didn't really engage me for some reason.

No comments: