Tuesday 17 March 2009

or not 200

That's odd - according to the side bar over there that post wasn't the 200th. It says I made 147 posts in 2008 and 48 posts in 2009, which is only 195 :/. But according to the back-end dashboard thing I've made 200 posts. Odd.

Yesterday was a bit rubbish.

In the morning, as I was going out to my car, I realised I'd forgotten to fill my windscreen fluid, so I had to dash back in and get the fluid and some water. But as I did that I knocked over a bottle of oil I keep for frying chips.

It didn't quite 'go everywhere' but it made a mess on the floor, so I wiped up most of it, but had to leave properly cleaning it until I got back. I was slightly afraid the bottle of oil had cracked and would leak everywhere while I was at work.

Anyway, putting the fluid in (and the clean-up) took about 10 minutes and that meant I set off a lot later than I would normally, so I hit more traffic, which meant the journey to work was rubbish.

It was also quite warm yesterday - so much so that I didn't have to turn my heating on at all at home until just before bed. But at work, the heating was still on full blast and even though I turned down the radiator closest to me that didn't help much. So I had a fan on for most of the day but still sweated like a pig. Of course that's partially my fault for not getting my bloody hair cut at the weekend.

Then last night I had to clean up the oil mess properly, put my shopping away and cook dinner. Only for some reason I'd decided to have a fry-up - well, I know the reason, it was because I'd all sorts of random left overs. But the point is a fry-up is hardly a quick meal to do.

That meant I didn't eat until 8-ish and that obviously wrote off starting any scanning. But also I watched a documentary on peter kay's comic relief song while I had my dinner but for some reason it was all broken up due to poor reception. That wouldn't have been surprising if it was on 5, but this was channel 4 where I normally have good reception :/.

Anyway, I decided to watch the Red Garden OAV instead, so I've now finished all of that.

I guess I should warn for spoilers as I'm going to discuss the OAV which is a sequel to the show.

It's rather confusing. It's set several hundred years into the future and all of the 4 girls are still alive. This was fine - at the end of the series it's made clear that their bodies won't age and they'll live forever.

What isn't at all clear is how come all of the secondary characters in the original series are there too? Is that supposed to be based on the idea that we look like our ancestors? Well okay, but it becomes more bizarre when you see these descendants still in the same jobs as their ancestors or at the same school, or still friends, etc.

Then you have the added weirdness that the bad guy is there too, but now Lise is his 'sister' only she's not his sister she's a robot/cyborg... where the heck did that come from? And where did the other robots on Roosevelt island come from anyway? Did he make them? Why?

It was all just sort of random. I mean, it wasn't actually bad as such. It was more like they'd planned to do a fll proper sequel, but it got cancelled during production and they decided to compress the story and put it out as an OAV.

Still, it didn't really spoil my enjoyment of the series as a whole.

So that was the cap to the rubbish day - a rather disappointing OAV.

What makes it worse is I've woken up this morning knackered (I didn't stay up late) and therefore in a bad mood. We've got a quality inspection today and I really hope I don't get picked on as part of it as I'm really not up for it.

No comments: