Monday 16 March 2009

pulled muscle

I've pulled a muscle in my back. It's sort of in the middle on my right side, a bit below the bottom of my shoulder blade. It doesn't hurt if I just sit still but when I move in a particular way it gives me a bad twinge.

I think I pulled it yesterday while I was re-arranging all my computer gear. I've tried to put all of it on the desk where the actual PCs were on the floor before. Not sure if this is a good idea or not - it means the fans are going to be closer to me so it may be louder. I'll have to see.

I was a bit lazy with doing the desk actually - I should have done it on Saturday as part of cleaning, but I couldn't be arsed. Well, I say that, I was pretty damn knackered by mid-afternoon Saturday so maybe I couldn't have done it.

Anyway, the re-arranging took a lot longer than I thought (such things always do - you forget haw many cables and bits there are too sort out) so I did no scanning whatsoever.

That leaves me something of a quandary for the week - do I spend my evenings scanning? Or do I keep up the pace with watching anime DVDs? Either way I will watch anime, but when scanning I watch fansubs. I guess watching fansubs will be good too - the spring anime season is rapidly approaching and there will be loads of shows to catch up on. It will be good to be ahead of the game a bit.

Anyway, speaking of watching anime I finished Red Garden. The end was pretty good. There was one scene in particular that was very effective in a brutal horror kind of way. I was a little disappointed not to find out more detail about the history/back-story. It sounded quite interesting and it would have been nice to maybe have a flashback or two fleshing it out.

I haven't watched the OAV yet. I started, but it was quite late at night and having just watched the end of of the main series it was kinda jarring, because it suddenly seemed to leap forward in time and become all sci-fi, but, weirdly, with the same characters. I'm sure watching it with fresh eyes it will make more sense, but it did leave me puzzled.

I made some more of those carrot and pineapple muffins on Friday as well. Last weeks were something of a success in that they didn't collapse or explode and I didn't burn them or anything; however I found them to be very cinamony. Now don't get me wrong I love me some cinnamon, but if you're making carrot and pineapple muffins you at least want to taste the carrot and pineapple a bit.

Anyway, I therefore decided to make some more this week and drastically reduce the cinammon (just a dash instead of a teaspoon full) and, bizarrely, they still don't taste much of pineapple or cinammon. I even chucked in most of the juice the pineapples were in, but it doesn't seem to have helped the taste, only made them a bit too soggy.

Still, they're quite nice. The recipe contains raisins and I love how raisins become plump and juicy when you bake them in cakes and stuff. It's weird, normally they're kind dry things, but baked in cakes they're much nice.

I also made my spag-bol. I made a bit fi a tactical error with that, though as I started it a bit late. The recipe is phenomenal if it's given 3 or 4 hours to bubble away and reduce down, but I only had about 2 hours. It's still really nice, but in the back of my mind I know it could be even better.

No comments: