Monday 27 July 2009

time management

Guess what I did this weekend?

It's not as interesting as you may think. I played Anno 1404.

This was not entirely a good thing as it means I didn't do a load of stuff that really I needed to get done. So basically I've essentially created a whole bunch of problems for myself.

One of these could be a big problem, but isn't at the moment. The others are minor problems that represent my total inability to control my own life on some level.

That sounds massively dramatic and it is in the sense that I've massively over-dramatised some minor niggles. But the thing is I'm actually kinda annoyed at myself for doing this.

If I'm honest, part of the problem is that I didn't predict I was going to do it. If I'd thought about it properly I'd have made an attempt to clear some of these to do things before the weekend, leaving the weekend free for some guilt-trip free entertainment.

Ah well. One day I'll get the knack of things.

This weekend saw something of a bizarre Grand Prix.

First off, things went rather badly on Saturday with Felippe Massa being involved in a bit of a freak accident. He was hit on the crash helmet by a rather heavy metal spring that had fallen off the back of Rubens Baricchello's car after his suspension failed.

It was a weird convergence of both good and bad luck.

Obviously it was bad luck to hit the spring - if he'd been slightly further up or down the track it wouldn't have hit him at all. But equally, it was lucky it hit him where it did - if it had struck him on the visor of his helmet, then at the least it would have blinded him, if not killed him outright.

Having hit him it's likely he blacked out )his skull was apparently fractured) and his car continued straight on, running into a tyre wall. This represents another weird piece of luck - he could have hit a concrete barrier or Armco and that part of the accident would have been a lot more severe. But then equally it could have happened in a slow part of the circuit and he may not have even lost consciousness.

I ended up recording the MotoGP race - as mentioned my current Anno obsession demanded more of my time - but I've heard it was really good. It was wet, apparently, and they were falling off all over the shop :/.

No comments: