Monday 14 December 2009

last working week of the year

I start my last week of work this week for the whole of 2009. It's a little weird when you start thinking in those terms, so I may not think abut it again until Friday when it'll almost be all over.

The Chrimbo meal was nice on Friday. The place we had it is kinda one of those Gastro pub jobs I think. We've been there before and the menu struck me as a little bit poncy, but not overly so, and the Chrimbo food was of a similar style.

If I was to make one complaint it would be the coffee they served at the end. I really didn't like whatever blend it was they were using. Plus it had a very powdery texture to it - like the filter hadn't done its job properly.

Well, actually, if I was to make one complaint it would be that the service was really slow. The whole meal took three hours and that was with us cutting it short because we'd all only paid for 3 hours in the car park. It was a bit of a case of throw down your coffee and go.

However, relatively speaking the chair I was on wasn't too bad, so it wasn't as unpleasant as it could have been.

I tried to do the handover with the now ex-RED employee on Friday too, but really we needed more time. He had to go at 4 and with 3 hours lost to lunch, it just wasn't enough time.

To be frank, I'm basically left with my fingers crossed, hoping nothing he handed over becomes active in any way. If it does I'm going to be having a few problems, I think.

The weekend wasn't a total disaster area. I'd didn't get the "do stuff" bug I was kinda hoping for, but equally I ticked everything off on my basic to do list.

I also found the time to finish off watching the Monty Python documentary I bought a while back. It was pretty good. The series featured 6 episodes and the last 3 focused on the post-TV series stuff, with the films and stuff like the Spamalot musical.

It was quite interesting, though I've heard much of that stuff before, as if I'm honest I tend to regard the films as being much better than the TV series, which was a bit hit and miss at times. I've therefore watched quite a few documentaries and stuff about the films.

Still, as a whole the series was entertaining and interesting. The extras were quite good, adding another good couple of hours of interviews and outtakes.

So yeah, if you like a bit of python then well worth checking out, though I'm not sure if non-Python fans would really gain much from it.

No comments: