Monday 19 April 2010

oh look, there's some more telly to watch

It was on some levels a slightly depressing weekend.

I've ended up the situation where I've got tonnes of stuff recorded on my PVR and this last weekend was the first time I've had to actually knuckle down and watch some of it. The PVR had got so full that it was almost a case of watching stuff to make room for new stuff. Well, it wasn't quite that bad, but I could imagine it getting that way fairly soon.

The problem was, this weekend was the Chinese Grand Prix and I also had a few bits and pieces to do. The BBC's coverage of the Grand Prix is, to be frank, excellent. They show all of the practice sessions, as well as the qualifying and the race itself. Plus there's lots of punditry and other stuff to. I'd say all in all I end up watching about 8 hours of stuff on a grand Prix weekend.

So you can see the problem - the only way for me to watch all the GP stuff and make a dent in my recorded stuff was for me basically to watch television constantly. And to be frank, it got a bit depressing. Especially given that this was the firs really good spring weekend we've had.

For example, I would have really like to keep going with my new walking habit on Sunday, but guess what? I had yet more television to watch. (Well, also, my right foot has been giving me some gyp after the huge walk into Farnham for the wedding, so I though maybe resting it wouldn't be a bad idea anyway.)

I also would have loved to give my car a bit of a wash. I dunno if it's the whole volcanic ash thing, but my car is filthy. But no, I had telly to watch.

Not that I didn't enjoy the telly watching, it's just you know - it would have been nice if it wasn't so necessary and I could have done some other stuff.

Anyway, it was a good Grand Prix.

Even the practice had a really dramatic moment with Sebastien Buemi's whole front end basically exploding as the uprights on his suspension failed. I've honestly never seen anything like that before. It was like something out of a film - as if there was a bomb in it or something.

The race itself was very good too. It was a wet one, which always spices up the action. And Button made another wise decision regarding tyres that effectively won him the race, like he did in Malaysia.

No comments: