Friday 16 April 2010

150 gadget shows

I forgot to blog about this earlier in the week, but the 150th episode of the gadget show aired last Monday.

I've mentioned before that I really like the show and I basically realised watching the special episode that I must have pretty much seen them all. During the course of Monday's show they repeated some of the challenges they'd done that either hadn't worked well or they thought could be done better.

One of these was to do a bullet-time type shot and they said during it that it was attempted in the first ever show, and I remembered it, so that must mean I've been watching from the beginning. Now for most shows that 150 would mean 'd been watching it for decades, but the gadget show tends to air in quite long runs, and it's not unusual for them to have a couple of series a year, so in reality it's been running for about 6 years.

But still, that's a fair old amount of time, and I still find it interesting and entertaining, so yeah, good job.

They've actually put out a special edition magazine, that's I think is intended to mark the occasion. I've also a suspicion it's also intended to test the waters to see if there's the market for a regular magazine, but either way I picked it up yesterday.

It's quite good, but I have to admit it's a bit lightweight. That's not necessarily a bad thing of course, because it makes it easier for me to read, especially given my always limited time, but it'd have been nice to have a few more in-depth articles.

This weekend is the Chinese Grand Prix, which will absorb a good chunk of my time and otherwise it's a fairly mundane weekend. To be honest, a relatively boring one would be okay for me this week as I've been working my arse off all week.

No comments: