Friday 9 July 2010

it's a heat wave

Not much to say today.

It's the British Grand Prix this weekend, so I'll be emerging myself in that. I'll also probably give the car a bit of a wipe down, although the forecasts are that this weekend will officially be a heat wave - it's certainly hot enough in the office today.

I always wondered what a heat wave was, and the definition of it is actually weirdly unpleasant. A heat wave is essentially a period when the temperature stays very high for a consistent period of time. Part of the key to this seems to be the night - if the temperature stays high at night then that means there's no chance for people to cool down properly.

And if there's no chance to cool down, then that leads to increased deaths. I kid you not - an official heat wave is essentially about an increase in the number of premature deaths.

I'll leave you with that pleasant thought - enjoy your sunny weekend. Needless to say my air con will be going about its important business.

No comments: