Friday 17 September 2010

e-bay madness

Balls.

This is one of the problems with doing loads of e-bay auctions - you make mistakes.

A simple example of this is that when I uploaded the auctions I made a couple of errors with the photos, accidentally forgetting to change the photo from the previous auction. This is no great shakes as it's easily fixed, but the other error I've made is a big problem as it's cost me a fortune (well, relative to the amount I got from the auctions).

Basically, I've sent a parcel containing multiple items to the wring person.

I also sent them their correct item, so at least I didn't swap them over, but it means all sorts of problems. First off the real winner won't be happy, second I'm reliant on the person I sent them to being honest and third I'm basically going to have to pay to deliver it multiple times (or cancel the payments made by the actual winner if the recipient doesn't play ball).

And because we're talking multiple items, we're also talking big weight and therefore big cost for postage.

So, "balls!" it is.

No comments: