Friday 4 February 2011

just let me sleep

Big plan for the weekend is, to put it simply, to relax.

Today is the 12th straight day that I've been at work and I have to admit I'm loosing the plot a bit. What really hasn't helped is that the stuff I've been doing during these days at work is quite stressful.

Having worked last weekend in order to finish one bid for a framework, I've then shifted onto another bid for another framework. This one is nearly as important as the last one, and I've been feeling really worried that our offering may not past muster.

See, the problem is that this is effectively a re-compete for a framework that we used to hold, and I'm not at all sure that they want to give us a slot on the new version. My worry is founded on the fact that we didn't win hardly any work last time we were on the framework, so they may want us off to try and give someone else a shot at it.

So I've been really worried.

What doesn't help is that I'm now really tired and getting very inefficient and sloppy. I'm quite sure if I hadn't been here last weekend I would have finished this new bid by Wednesday, but I've really been struggling.

Hopefully I should finally cross all the i's and dot all the t's today, and then I can have a proper weekend of sleeping and (shock, horror) not working.

I might even take the opportunity to finally set up my Blu-Ray player and experience the joys of High-Def.

No comments: