Tuesday 8 March 2011

curry and chips

The weigh in this last Sunday revealed I had lost one more pound.

Not a huge amount again, but I was actually somewhat pleased by this, as last week I ate several rather bad things.

The first bad thing I ate was a curry, which I had on Thursday as I went out for dinner. Curtailing my eating out activities has been a part of the diet, as generally most eating out involves quite a lot of calories.

I could probably have limited the calories if I'd had a vegetable curry and avoided having a naan and those poppadoms where you dip them into the sauces and a sorbet for dessert. But I didn't do any of those things - I had a Chicken Rogan Josh, one of those naans that has the coconut in it, several poppadoms liberally dipped and a lemon sorbet.

It was, to be frank, an enormous feast that I'd probably have struggled to eat even pre-diet . I guess on the upside it was so big I was rather full for and so ate less around it, but that was somewhat hampered by the fact that Friday involved a pub lunch at work to celebrate someone's birthday. And I had gammon, egg and chips.

So yeah, quite a bit of pigging out last week, unfortunately, so I was rather pleased that I'd still managed to loose a pound.

I do wonder when I have these slips what would have happened if I hadn't slipped. I mean, it seems fairly certain I would have lost more weight, but how much? Are we talking not enough to show up or several extra pounds?

I dunno - I guess what I'm saying is that I ended up with a weird mix of feeling - pleased I'd still lost weight, despite going off-plan, guilty that I could have lost more, puzzled as to whether I could eat a curry every week and still loose weight, but then worried about how long the diet would last if I did that and only lost 1 pound a week from now on.

No comments: