Friday 11 March 2011

routine

When I wrote Wednesday's pancake post, I actually meant to mention my weekly routine too, but it became one of those super-huge posts, so I thought I'd chop it in two and post the rest today.

Pancake Tuesday obviously represented a dietary divergence (given the chicken curry wasn't a disaster I'm also hoping the extra pancakes don't pox me up this week), but it also represented a break from a routine I've been trying to stick to these last few weeks.

I talked the other week about how I was cracking on with the scanning, and part of this has been achieved by doing scanning in the evenings during the week. I mean, I do most of the scanning at the weekend, but I've been boosting it with scanning during the week in the evenings too.

Essentially, the routine breaks down like this:

Monday, Wednesday and Friday are telly watching days and Tuesday and Thursday are scanning days.

On Monday I try to watch live telly. Generally speaking, the gadget show is on on Mondays, so I often watch that, but otherwise there's usually some telly that's on I want to watch, but if not I can watch something I recorded. I also bake bread on Monday, to have for lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Tuesday is a scanning day, but it's also the day I prep my washing to take to the laundrette on Wednesday lunch. I also tend to do the washing up that I've got (the diet means that I actually generate very little washing up during the week). Nowadays I watch anime on crunchyroll, but I used to watch fansubs and will have to start on them again as I'm getting quite a backlog of fansubs.

Wednesday is a telly day and I watch stuff I've recorded. A big advantage to doing this on Wednesday is I don't have the random bits and pieces I mentioned above, so I can watch a good three hours of stuff. I might put away the washing up I've picked up at the laundrette, but usually I save that sort of stuff for Friday.

Thursday is another scanning day and again I'll also do any washing up. Again, I watch anime on crunchyroll while I scan.

Friday is a telly watching day, but it's also a day when I do a bunch of chores, so I won't necessarily watch that much telly. Typical things I'll do include putting away my washing, cleaning my work shoes, prepping stuff for the weekend and the next week. All pretty boring, but y doing them Friday evening, I don't have to worry about them come the weekend. I'll also sometimes do my food shop on Friday - this kinda depends on what mood I'm in, how busy the weekend will be and how much I need to buy.

It's quite an efficient routine. I'm quite the fan of imposing routine as I find it helps me achieve things. I mean, I've been getting so much scanning/animu watching done I'm actually generating backlogs of scans to process and reviews to write, as mentioned last week.

No comments: