Friday 8 April 2011

malaysian grand prix

It's the Malaysian F1 GP this weekend.

Being in Malaysia it's another one that's on at weird times, which I tend to find is a bit of a double-edged sword. It does mean that I can basically watch it at my leisure, but it also means there's a very good chance that the results will be spoiled for me. Football seems to be the only sport where they warn you the results are coming up.

I don't actually remember whether the Malaysian GP is usually a good one or not. My general feeling about most of the new circuits is that they tend not to be very good race, but there are a few exceptions.

I don't really have many other plans for the weekend. It's a bedsit cleaning weekend, so that in combination with the GP and the usual walking and scanning stuff is likely to absorb most all of my time. Part of me is hoping that the warm weather persists into the weekend, but another part of me is hoping it doesn't get warmer.

With all the sorting out and re-arranging of stuff I had to do I decided to put all my summer clothes and summer bits (like desk fans and the gubbins for my air conditioner) out in the shed. The idea was to operate a swapsy system where when it comes warm I can put stuff I use in winter out in the shed instead.

This is okay in theory, but with Easter being so late and the sudden-ness of the shift to warm weather, I've ended up with the annoying situation of having my winter clothes in the warm weather. I was debating as to whether I should go through the boxes this weekend instead of waiting to Easter, but I'm not sure I'll have the time or that I can really be arsed.

I guess an important point to note this year will actually be that I'm going to throw away quite a lot of my winter clothes. I've lost sufficient weight that most of them are too big, but many of them are also in pretty bad shape. Buying clothes is not something I do a lot of, not least of all because sizes big enough to fit me (eventually that'll be "the old me", I guess :/) are not cheap.

I'll probably be hanging on to t-shirts the longest, I think. Hugely baggy t-shirts will look daft, but at least they won't fall down like hugely baggy trousers. Thinking about it, I'll actually be able to start using all the old printed t-shirts I used to buy but that never fit me.

But also thinking about it, I've a feeling I may have to buy some shorts - there are obviously shorts in my stash of summer clothes, but I'm guessing they will also be rather loose. This whole weight loss thing could become expensive - I guess it's the flip-side to the reduction in cost of my weekly food bills. But at least when I get down to more normal sizes, regular clothes can be bought pretty cheap, thanks to the sweat shops of the world. God bless unrestrained capitalism.

No comments: