Tuesday 13 September 2011

dampened again

Got a bit of a soaking again this last Sunday on my walk.

I went a bit earlier than I usually do, as I’d checked the forecast and it suggested the rain would come at about lunchtime.  In the end it was quite sunny across lunch.  I think the forecasts were struggling a bit this last weekend because apparently the leftovers of a hurricane were drifting over us.

I didn’t get too wet, as it was more like a short sharp shower than the monsoon I suffered with last weekend.

I also put on a pound at my weigh in.  This was a reflection of stupidity on my part, as I bought too much food and ended up having to eat up some stuff.  I also bought a few naughty things and didn’t get quite as much chance to go for walks during the week as I’d normally expect.  The problem was the weather again, as it seemed to rain quite heavily early on and at lunchtime for some reason.

Part of the issue I’ve been having just recently is I’ve discovered some other options for things I can eat that aren’t too bad calorie wise.  Well, no, the problem is that I’ve discovered these things but haven’t properly worked out how to include them n my meal plans.

I therefore seem to keep ending up with multiple things to eat which obviously actually boosts my calorie intake, despite the specific things I’m eating not being bad in and of themselves as such.

Another weird problem is doing my own washing.

I used to drop my washing off on Wednesday or Thursday, when I would also nip into Sainsburys and pick up some rolls (and some naughty stuff in recent months) but also, crucially, I would pick up a copy of the Radio Times.

Now I do my own washing at the weekend, and I’ve not quite worked out a new strategy for when I go and buy my RT.  I know it shouldn’t be complicate, but it’s been throwing me a bit as it’s a lot simpler to just pick up an RT and it seems to encourage me to buy more naughty stuff as well.

I dunno, as I type it out it doesn’t seem that complicated, but I’ve certainly been struggling for some reason.

I also know I’m in real danger of finding excuses to cover what is me simply not exercising the will power that allowed me to do my initial weight loss.

No comments: