Thursday 15 September 2011

re-rearrange

I rearranged my DVDs and books. Again... again.

I liked the idea of my plan when I rearranged them last time, but the results were a bit of a mess.  The big problem was that I mixed stuff up and tried to put books, anime and normal DVDs all together.

Trouble was the ‘slots’ on the shelf weren’t the right size and so what I ended up with was more like a jumble of stuff where I was trying for a more sensible order to watch stuff in.

My new arrangement tries to keep things together - so all my books are back over on the other book shelf, for example - and instead I’ve focused more on putting the groups into a sensible order to watch them in.  So in other words, all the books are together, all the normal DVDs are together and all the anime is together, but what I‘ve done is put those groups into an order where I can watch stuff from the top down.

Well, I say that, but there is one shelf that’s ended up as a random mix of stuff.  I’m not too fussed about that, because it’s more a reflection of the stupid amount of DVDs I’ve got to watch than any real failure in my ordering.

There was also an ulterior motive for my rearrangement.

Basically, I couldn’t find my copy of High School of the Dead.  HOTD was released last week on the Bank Holiday Monday an I’d pre-ordered the Blu-Ray version almost as soon as it was announced.  But I couldn’t find it.

I say I couldn’t find it because I was sure I’d received it.  I had a memory of being a little disappointed with the image they’d put on the Blu-Rays.  I also vaguely remembered unwrapping it and, more importantly, I checked my e-mail and Amazon had sent it on the Bank Holiday.

Now obviously there was the possibility that I hadn’t actually received it, but as I say, I was sure I had, but I couldn’t find it.  I have a small stack of Blu-Rays and it should have been with them, but no sign.

Therefore, by sorting out the mess I’d created with my last re-arrange, it gave me a chance to look through the piles and see if I’d put it somewhere odd.  But there was no sign.

And then, a couple of days after I’d basically decided I’d somehow lost it (perhaps doing something silly like chucking it away like I did with a volume of Bakuman) it turned up in the post.  It had taken some 8 days to arrive.  Now to be fair I do use the Amazon slow and free service and of course if they posted it on the bank holiday, it wouldn’t actually get picked up until later, but still, I think that’s the longest I’ve ever had it take to get to me.

I’ve actually cancelled a lot of the stuff I pre-ordered on Amazon - manga, mostly.  I‘m actually rather skint (all this dental work I’ve had to have has really not helped me) and I need to get more stuff on e-bay.  I’ve got quite a lot lined up - not least of all because I’ve been watching stuff on DVD - but I just don’t seem to be able to find the time to sit down and take photos and write the stuff for the auction pages.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You should post photos of your shelves, I love seeing that sort of thing.