Friday 14 October 2011

korean double header

It's the Korean Grand Prix this weekend.

As I mentioned last week I have absolutely no idea whether it's a good one or not.  In fact, I don't actually have any memories of it at all.

Well, I say that.  I'm pretty convinced it was only held for the first time last year and that it was the one where it was delayed because of the weather, Webber spun out because it was so wet  and it ended up finishing as the sun was setting.

However, I would happily cop to having merged several races together or having gotten mixed up with another race.  I certainly don't have Korea flagged in my memory banks as a classic.

One thing I will say is I don't think my scheduling plans are really going to survive contact with the enemy, which is to say that there are some things I going to have to do because 3 weeks is too long to leave them - for example, I'm going to run out of clothes if I don't do some washing.

However, I think I can do a sort of small version of most of these (just the one bag of essential washing) and then make up for it next week.

It's on at a similar sort of time to the Japanese Grand Prix, but I think I'll record it and watch it at my leisure.  I was happy to get up for Japan (even though I screwed myself over), but I'm not sure I am for the Korean.

Otherwise I don't have many plans.  I need to get some more bits on e-bay so that they'll finish in time for me sort them before my holiday.  I also haven't done anything with the CDs I need to get rid of.  I looked at a few of the "we buy CDs" sites, and, as expected, prices weren't great, but then they looked pretty crap on e-bay too.

As per usual, I'm a long way behind the curve on the medium transitions (CD to digital).  In this case, I'm at a bit unsure I like the particular transition.  I mean, you can't really sell MP3 files second hand at all, can you, irrespective of the other advantages they have.

No comments: