Thursday 13 October 2011

nose hair

I seem to have developed rather a lot of nose hair.

I've always had a fair bit of nose hair, but it used to be that you'd have to be really looking up my nose to see it.  I mean, since puberty I've been very hairy, but in the last year or so my nose hair seems to have exploded out of my nose so that loads of hairs are poking out and are visible just from looking at me.

Now obviously I could leave these.  I'm not a fan of how they look, so it wouldn't be a massive concern to me, but it's not really an option, because I find that as they get longer they tend to tickle against the edges of my nostrils and it's very itchy.

As such, there are a couple of options for there removal.  Firstly I could pluck them.  This obviously removes them right down to the root, but it's also absolute agony.

I'm no stranger to plucking as I actually pluck my brows.  I know that probably comes across as a bit more concerned with my appearance than I'd be generally happy to admit to, but the thing is if I don't do it then I basically end up with one eyebrow.

And I don't just mean the bit between my eyebrows grows and connects, but the area between my brows and my hair line actually grows a thick layer of hairs too.  Indeed, the hair even extends right down the side of my eyes, along that sort of crest area and connects up with my beard.

I sometimes wonder if I left it whether I wouldn't end up with a thick furry covering over my entire face.  And that isn't a normal look, so I pluck.  I generally do it at the same time as my haircut, as it sort of camouflages the change.

Anyway, plucking hairs is painful.  Plucking nose hairs is excruciating.  As such, I've been using a small set of scissors I've got to try to trim them back.  It's an okay solution, but I seem to have to do it every other week, and it's also difficult to really get in there and trim the hairs properly, especially as I'm worried about nicking the inside of my nose.

I'm therefore thinking I'll ask for a nose hair trimmer for Chrimbo from my family.  They have a really small bit on the end that's like a mini electric shaver.  I can't actually use electric shavers on my beard as it's way too touch, but I think my nose hairs are more like eyebrow hairs than beard hair.

At least, I think there's such a thing as a nose hair trimmer.  Unless I've dreamed it.  If so maybe I could patent it and make a fortune?

1 comment:

Amy said...

I loved reading this!! I love the image of beard, eyebrows and hair all growing together to create a trigs lion of sorts.

I trim Seb's eyebrows too because they'll grow together and into his hairline if I don't.

There are definitely nose trimmers and they work well. :)