Friday 11 November 2011

abu dhabi du

It's the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this weekend.

I can't say I'm particularly looking forward to it as it's not really produced any classics so far.  It's one of the newer races and it's also one of the duller ones.

From memory it's held in the evening, so it starts out fairly light but the sun sets during the race and it's dark at the end.  This doesn't really add much to the race, but I guess it's something different.

It's also the circuit where it goes under the weird hotel which has loads of glowing lights on it.  Also, the exit from the pits is a tunnel.  Again, neither really add anything to the race, but it's something a bit different.

It's also the second to last grand prix.  The season is way too long this year - the last race is Brazil, which is usually a good race, but it's way out at the end of November and the new season starts mid-March next year.

I appreciate with F1 being a properly global sport you can go on for a long time, but I think it's kinda reached a maximum length this year.  Also, by adding more races you actually amplify the effect of dominance.  So this year there have been lots of races where Vettel has already won the title.

To be honest, I don't think it matters as much in F1 - they still want to win each race, but the heat does go out of it a little.

Other plans for the weekend are... to be honest, I'm not sure.  I know I need to do a big shop and one of the things I did do when I got back of holiday was identify a bunch of stuff for e-baying.

In fact I'm actually almost out of stuff I could put on e-bay in the shed.  Indeed, I've actually got loads of empty stacking boxes in the shed that I've positioned to give the illusion that the space is has still got loads in it, but actually they're mostly empty.

Well, I say that - there's still quite  a bit I could get rid of, it's just it would take quite a lot of sorting out, and I'd say half of what's left is really only tip-worthy if I was forced to dispose of it.

Also I've actually cheated.  I've brought all of my manga in and stacked it up on top of my smaller set of shelves.

I do actually want to sell most of these titles, it's just that I'm either waiting for them to finish (which could take a few years in some cases :/) or to get a good chunk that I can sell as a batch (1-10 say) and then when new volumes turn up I'll sell them individually.

This doesn't get me such good prices, but it reduces the amount of stuff I've got hanging about.

Oh, I also made a bit of a decision - I want to rip some of the DVDs I've got so that I can get the originals on e-bay.  Having spent quite a lot of time recently sorting through things there's a lot that clearly isn't going to be of "classic - must keep" status so I think I'll rip them and sell them.

That does mean I need to work out a quick, easy and efficient way of doing that.  And of course it means there's a weird bit of transference going on - I won't be doing what I really need to (watching stuff) but I'll still be able to sell it :/.  Also, I'm going to spend hours (?) ripping it when I could be watching it... ?

No comments: