Thursday 26 July 2012

confused and dazed

I'm absolutely shattered.

I started this week with a stinking cold and so much sleep that my body seemed to get bored of it.

It's now Thursday and I feel like it's a Friday after having worked for 2 weeks straight.  In fact, as I write this it's early Thursday morning, so there's actually 40% of the working week left.

I'm also sat in the middle of the classic British weather with exclamation points.  Not a week ago it was rainy and I was still regularly flirting with the idea of wearing a jumper to work.

Now I'm sat in the office with both my fans on full blast all day and my air conditioner going full blast in the evenings.

Apparently things will cool off next week a bit, so that should give me some relief.  Bloody jet stream - make up your mind!

I've also had a headache since... ooh, Sunday?

I think it's a combination of the cold and the weather, but also I know that the fans and my aircon tend to give me dry eyes which then tend to give me a headache or at least make any headache worse.

Hopefully next week I'll be back to feeling a bit more normal.

But on top of that I'm totally and utterly skint.  I've made a bit of a mess of my finances this month, having forgotten about a payment I needed to make and essentially spent that money.

I also got my maths wrong on one of my credit cards and it went over its limit.  I corrected it right away, but it means I was using this month's money where I thought I'd been clever and made enough space using last month's money.

It also appears I'm about to run out of electricity.

Just recently I've been letting the amount of money on there run down, since I was expecting to take a new job and therefore be moving - I didn't want to leave it with loads on there so I was just topping it up by little bits.  Trouble is it's now a month where I've run out of money so I can't top it up and it's getting very low.

Part of the trouble is I have no idea when I'll get paid.  Most companies have fixed days they pay you on, but mine it's basically just towards the end of the month and could be any day - I might not even get paid until next Tuesday as that is the end of the month.

You can now kinda see one of the motivators for me having wanted to get a new job - a need for cash.  Unfortunately my new salary doesn't kick in until next month (end of the month) so I'm also likely to have a "hangover" effect from cock-ups this month to deal with.

No comments: