Thursday 26 July 2012

hungry for hungary (sport-bonkers)

I think I said I was going to do a post with some photos in it from Farnborough.  I'd hoped to put the photos together over the weekend, but with the cold it basically didn't happen, although I did figure out how to get the photos off my phone.  There are some other photos on there that I had planned to blog about so I've got them off too.

It really is sport bonkers this summer.

For those who are general spots fans we've had the Six Nations, Euro 2012, bloody Wimbledon, the Open, one of the best f1 seasons ever and The Olympics have started... before the opening ceremony.  I thought false starts were illegal?  Ho ho ho.

The sport that's kicked off is football and it's fair enough because there are so many teams involved (both lady's and men's) it seems like they basically wouldn't fit into the two weeks that the Olympics basically last.

I've mentioned before that I'm not really into the Olympics, but there are some sorts in it that I could get interested in, I think.  Particularly things like Archery and the Shooting.

I'm not sure I'll watch any of it, though.  I might watch the opening ceremony, which is on this Friday evening.  It's apparently quite surreal.

The BBC has - as you might expect - gone a bit sports bonkers, in that several of their channels (including the channels used for the red button stuff) are basically going to be dedicated to showing Olympics events.

What I'm hoping all this really means is that I'll get a chance to catch up on telly I've either missed or recorded with the aim of watching during the Olympics.  I may even watch some DVDs and anime.

Indeed I'm hoping this applies for the whole of august, since this weekend is the Hungarian Grand Prix and marks the start of the mid-season break, so there's no Grand Prix at all in August.

Hungary is apparently a good one for spectators at the circuit but I think it tends to be a mixed bag for race quality - some good, some bad.

No comments: