Monday 23 July 2012

german grand prix

I have struck down with a disease.

By which I mean I have a cold.  I am pretty sure I picked it from a meeting I went to last Wednesday.  I developed a bit of a headache in the days after the meeting, but then the cold only really hit on Saturday.

I had therefore wondered if maybe that wasn't the source, but I've encountered no other diseased people (someone at the meeting had a cold) and my work colleague who also went to the meeting has gotten a cold.

Anyway, impact of this was not particularly bad on Saturday, I could just feel it coming on, but then Saturday night was terrible and I got next to no sleep.  Sunday I was therefore zonked all day as the cold really hit me and I was horribly tired.

I basically stayed in bed all day watching TV and even then I went to bed super early and ended up getting something like 12 hours sleep.  Today I therefore feel like the worst of it is over, though I still have a runny nose and clagged up throat.

So my TV watching included the German Grand Prix.  I think it was an okay one.  Lewis unfortunately had a puncture very early on and it destroyed his race, though both cars looked quick in practice and Jenson qualified sixth and ended up second after Vettel had a penalty applied after the race.

It's difficult to tell if the upswing in form is genuine though - the bit I don't like about this season is that the tyres just seem to produce too much random-ness.  For example, Webber won in Silverstone but finished 8th in Germany.

I also have to confess with the cold and feeling tired I didn't really quite get into the race as much as normal.

No comments: