Tuesday 26 March 2013

a course of course

I mentioned yesterday that I spent Sunday and Monday basically playing SimCity and this wasn’t a particularly great idea.

The problem was that SimCity's the sort of game where you sink hours on end into it, and I had a lot of stuff to catch up on, plus I stayed up incredibly late to play.  Unfortunately I also picked up a cold - where from I’m not sure.  No-one on the stag had one that I could remember but then they could have been carrying it.  But also my landlord had a cold and when I got back to work some people there did too so it could have been caught any time.

It turned out to be a wimpy cold - I’m basically already over it - but as I say, I’d not really slept after a heavy weekend, so Tuesday I was like some sort of sniffling zombie.  Of course, rather than just go to bed when I got home I played more SimCity... (More on the game tomorrow probably.)

Wednesday and Thursday I went on a course for work.  It was really good and I learned a lot, but it was also very frustrating.  It pretty much confirmed a lot of the stuff I’ve been worried about at work.  However, there’s some stuff I think I can implement without too much fuss.

Friday I was back in the office.  It was a very bity day, but I also discussed the course with a few people at work.  It was interesting and also confirmed many of my frustrations.

This last weekend was really weird.  I had a bunch of domestics to do but I also had to clean up all the clubs and stuff from the stag.  And I woke on Saturday to find it snowing...

It wasn’t forecast for here and it wasn’t deep, and on Sunday it pretty much cleared up, but I mean seriously - it’s nearly April, how comes it’s snowing and settling at all?  It’s Easter next weekend!

It feels like summer hasn't really happened for about 4 years and I have to confess it's getting a bit boring.  I'm not much of a one for hot weather, but a bit of it is good each year - it makes me appreciate the times when it's more to my liking.  Plus if you have a hot summer then it tends to mean autumn is more pleasant and to my liking too.

No comments: