Tuesday 25 June 2013

why you no bloggy?

So I didn't really explain yesterday why I have been so long without blogging.

The basic reason was a bunch of things... :)

So first off I've been somewhat busy at work.  I mean, I'm not mega busy; I get bits of time where I'm not maxed.  However, I've been tending to use that time to sneakily watch anime on crunchyroll.

I did blog about how I'd watched a few of this season's shows and I've done some of that in the quieter bits at work.  Well they're not paying me very well, so there you go.

I have also watched some of this crunchyroll anime at home, so that's obviously eaten up some time I would usually use for writing the blogs.  However I've also been watching quite a lot of anime on Blu Ray and that takes up a whole lot more time.

And I mean a lot of time - I've watched several whole series (half and full seasons) and a half-season is about 4 hours or so.  The harsh reality is I've had to watch these shows because I needed the money from selling them on e-bay.  Previously I'd "gotten away" with this by ripping them, but I have no means of ripping Blu Ray.  Also while I do have some DVDs I could theoretically do this for Blu Ray you can get a bit more for and the DVDs I have left are ones I suspect I will want to add to my "permanent keepers" pile.

I've also been trying to keep up with the TV, rather than let it slide while I watched all this anime.  My PVR is still very full, but I've been actively keeping it below 60% by watching stuff at the weekends.

And then of course there's the fact I've been playing SimCity quite a bit.

The final big issue was this - http://www.animepaper.net/ .  In case the link doesn't work or dies, one of the sites I frequented posted up a message that, well, I'm not 100% sure quite what it meant.  It seems to be saying that the site is being put on hiatus, but could mean it's going to be switched off.

I won't go into the detail, but basically I had a lot of stuff I wanted to download from it, but if it was going to close that meant I had to do it sooner, rather than later.  I must have spent about 4 whole evenings and 1 weekend sorting through what I could actually download and then downloading it - I still ended up with about 60 images I couldn't get.

I mean, hopefully it's temporary and it will come back in some form, but if not I had to act.

So in summary the main issue has mainly been that I've spent my spare time doing other things, rather than writing blog posts.

There was also a bit of a side issue - Ian Banks died and I'm afraid this made me a bit depressed so I therefore wasn't really in the mood to blog for some of it either.

No comments: