Monday 16 June 2008

New mags

The new animedia, animage and newtype were waiting for me when I got back from work last Friday (yet more stuff to scan - *eek*).

They're definitely much better this month than the last couple of months, although animedia seems to be doing a lot of polls just recently. I think it's some kind of anniversary for them, but they're a bit of a pain the poll issues. I mean, they can be okay when you get a new spread froa classic series, but normally they just fill the pages with small, random screenshot type images which are a bit rubbish. I guess if I knew what they were saying it would be better, but still.

ADV's tailspin of doom seems to be continuing apace, with the replacement to NewType US going tits up after only the fourth issue - ANN article. It's a bit sad really, as whatever you may think about any one anime company and its releases (for the record I like ADV) the fundamental fact remains that the more western anime distributors there are, the better.

Speaking of which, I'd better try the whole Gonzo digital releases thing (assuming it's still going) when I get around to watching some 'mu. Good on them for trying, but the actual shows they're doing it for don't look all that great if I'm honest. I hope that doesn't affect things, as it would be a real shame to see something like this die at the first hurdle.

Not that I'm a big fan of purely digital copies of things, if I'm honest, but if that's the way it needs to go then so be it.

No comments: