Friday 20 June 2008

suit me to a tee

I think my perfect job would be as a vectorer.

There is no such job (well, I don't think there is anyway), but if it existed, it would vector tracing imagery. What the imagery was wouldn't really matter, but I find vectoring things to be really very enjoyable.

It's like this recent piece of artwork I did for my company. The timeframes were ridiculously short and so I ended up working my arse off and am now a bit knackered, but despite that I still enjoyed it a great deal. I also ended up with a real sense of satisfaction.

Also, the part of walling I enjoy the most is vectoring the character images. And nowadays I always vector them - even if, really, there's actually no need. Partly, I do this because I like the clean look it gives (which also really suits anime), but mainly I just enjoy it.

I mean, it can get tedious at times. Hair on anime characters (well, girls) is often the worst, with loads of lines going back and forth and swooshing this way and that and twirling up at the ends, but even then there's a lot of satisfaction in looking at the results once you've completed it.

I think what it is I enjoy about vectoring is it's, well, if not imposing order on chaos, then certainly it's tidying up the bedroom floor of chaos and organising everything into nice neat piles. I quite like that.

Shame there's no such job :).

No comments: