Thursday 19 June 2008

Sandwich rule

I've always been fascinated by how sandwiches pretty much conform to the rule "You get what you pay for."

Which isn't to say that sandwiches aren't over-priced - they are - but just that if you pay £1.00 for a sandwich you get about a fifth as good a sandwich as if you pay £5.00 for a sandwich.

I've also always been fascinated by expressions such as the above - you get what you pay for. I mean, that's a fairly innocuous and obvious one, but generally I love expressions and try to shoe-horn them into any conversation I'm having.

Not much of a blog entry, but I've been kinda busy this last couple of days. It's been kinda fun - I've been doing what I call "reprographics" which is basically the company is attending a roadshow in the near future and we need a big logo for the board as well as some "letterhead" type paper and name badges and stuff and I've been making them up.

We're not really that sort of a company so it's taken probably five times as long for me to do it in photoshop, rather than a proper design program, but as I say, we're not that sort of company so we don't tend to have those sorts of programs hanging around. Still, kinda fun.

I've always said there were only ever two things I wanted to do in life. The first was sing and the other was draw comic books.

I can't do either, unfortunately, as I don't have either vocal or drawing talent; however, through seer bloody mindedness I have sorta ended up with a few basic skills with the old photoshop, so it's fun to flex them every so often.

No comments: