Thursday 11 December 2008

treading water

It feels a lot like I'm just treading water until the Chrimbo holidays at the moment.

My first day of proper holiday is the 22nd, but with the weekend before it means my last day of work is on the 19th, so there's only next week to go.

Also, the office is now virtually dead - most everybody's on contract so that adds to the "end of term" feeling.

I've also kinda become disinterested in doing much of anything in my spare time and I think that's down to the approaching holidays too. I keep finding myself thinking "well, why bother doing it now - I can do it when I'm off in a couple of weeks."

Trouble with that, of course, is that I'm going to have tonnes to do over Christmas and New Year (what with it being Christmas and New Year :/) so it's not good for me to put off even more stuff to do then as well.

What makes it all worse if I'm so bloody tired - it's really difficult to get a good nights sleep when it's so cold like this. I may just break the bank and get more electricity (I'm on a meter thing) so I can at least not freeze to death - bugger the financials, I'll sort that out later.

No comments: