Monday 13 December 2010

crap-tabulous

I felt really crappy this last weekend.

I'm not really sure why, though. I think a big part of it was that the end of the week wasn't all that great at work. I'd basically made a mistake on one of the projects and on another project I was really struggling t get my head around some numbers, where I thought it would be a quick job.

Also, things were pretty distracting last week - there was a lot of coming and going and general activity in the office. Ours is a small office, as we're only a small company, but it's open plan and the location of my desk means that any activity can be very distracting.

We've also had a new person start work and, if I'm totally honest, I'm not all that keen on her. She's basically joined because someone else is about to go off on maternity leave and she seems to be struggling to really come up to speed on how stuff works.

Now, to be fair, this isn't totally unexpected. How we do stuff is all about stuff in people's heads, where really it should be written down and formalised. I mean, the mistake I made was essentially as a result of my not quite getting the right end of a particular stick and using the wrong document as a template.

Now really, we shouldn't have multiple independent templates that are so close as to be easily confused, but we do, so I can understand why she's struggling. But it means she's asking a lot of questions and that can be pretty distracting.

But also this last weekend I was finally able to go out for some walks and, in attempt to make up for the previous week, I did a couple of long walks and found myself aching a bit. And that, combined with a more general fatigue, meant I wasn't feeling particularly on-form physically either.

So yeah, have to say it was a bit of a miracle I did anything this last weekend other than stay in bed.

No comments: