Friday 17 December 2010

work chrimbo lunch

Today is the day of the work Christmas lunch.

One of the nice things about the company I work for is that we get little perks like this. We also go to the pub for lunch when it's someone's birthday, and it's always paid for by the company, which I think is a nice little perk.

Recently, though, there's been a tendency for the bosses to try to use the Chrimbo lunch as a business opportunity. So, basically they invite along lots of people they want to butter up, if you will. It's gotten to the stage in recent years where these people actually outnumber the people I work with.

I shouldn't complain, but it hardly makes it a situation where you feel like letting your hair down.

I've not much else to say today, either.

I do have two worries for this coming weekend.

First off, there's the Sunday weigh-in, which I'm again not expecting to go well. I'm starting to think I should just formally say the diet and weight loss is officially "on hold". I mean, I'll still try to avoid massively consuming food and I'll walk when I can, but that kinda feeds into my second worry.

Which is the weather - forecasts have been predicting a return of the snow around here (I believe it's never actually left some places) for the weekend.

I don't really care if this poxes up work on Monday and Tuesday, but it'll be a bit of a disaster if it's still having an impact later in the week, as I'm supposed to drive down to Devon for the family get together.

No comments: