Tuesday 14 December 2010

no change

So last weekends weigh-in revealed I'd not lost any weight whatsoever.

This didn't really come as a surprise, but was a bit disappointing.

There were reasons I wasn't expecting any change, and they relate mainly to what I ate. Basically, last week marked the beginning of the influx of sweats and other treats at work. And while I resisted for a while, I still ate a few bits and bobs and then on Friday I totally caved in and ate several biscuits and several sweets.

What makes that really bad is that the snow was still hanging around and I was unable even to go for my short lunchtime walks. The previous weekend was also really badly affected, as I talked about last week, so overall my exercise was also down.

Now, I tend not to think of the exercise as my primary means of loosing weight, but I do tend to think of it as a way of keeping my metabolism up. Doing exercise raises your metabolism, which is the primary way you burn calories.

In other words, the double whammy of eating badly and not doing much exercising was why I didn't loose weight.

And, to be perfectly frank, I'm not expecting next week's weigh in to go well either. This Friday is the work Christmas lunch, where I'll be eating a really big, calorie rich dinner, and the odds are several people will bring in some snacks and treat too. So yeah, a bad week is likely this week too.

What I'm hoping for in order to reach my target weight is that after that I'm on holiday, and so can stay away from snacks and treats, but also do lots of walking. Except, the weather forecasts are not looking promising - the snowy conditions are predicted to return and could well bugger me up.

In other words there's the real chance that I may well be facing a forced abandonment of my plans.

No comments: