Friday 23 September 2011

sing a pore (or is that bore?)

Singapore Grand Prix this weekend.

I’m guessing it will also be he weekend when Sebastian Vettel gets his hands on the championship.

It will also likely be another very big challenge for the new rules as Singapore is a dire race usually.  Like Valencia and Monaco it’s on a tight street circuit and therefore ends to produce dull races.  Unlike Monaco, Valencia was still dull and I would guess Singapore will be too.

A big part of the problem has been the length in Singapore - laps take such a long time that the race usually drags on for ages.

But we’ll see - who knows, maybe it will be a good one.  Of particular interest is the other part of how I've written the title.  According to the weather thing the BBC does for the next race it's basically been raining all week in Singapore.  Usually rain adds a bit of spice, but given that Singapore is a night race, illuminated by great big spotlights, I'm unsure quite what will happen if it rains.

Other plans for the weekend are relatively simple.  I need to buy my dad a present.  What he's asked for can only really be picked up in a shop so I can actually pick things up and have a look at them.

I also really need a haircut.  I get this weird thing with my sideburn area where they become very curly when my hair gets too long.  It's odd - there's a point where they suddenly become curly.

Well, I say that.  Maybe it's more that I suddenly notice it's happened.

I've been watching a lot of telly in the evenings and, as I mentioned before, I trimmed out quite a few programmes.  Also, some others have come to an end.  I'm therefore hoping I can do some scanning and, in particular, get back up to speed with anime stuff.

I'd quite like to plough through the fansubs I've got.  I mentioned before that unfortunately, this season, there seemed to be a retro step that meant more stuff was only really accessible via fansub.  Well, the new season is rolling around, so the hard drive I use to hold fansubs is very nearly full because of the combination of all the shows I've downloaded and my poor watch rate.

No comments: